Fried Leek Dumplings Recipe
Crunchy, appealing and crispy fried dumplings made with wonton wrappers and a healthy and satisfying filling of leeks and cabbages. This recipe is really perfect for a light snack or brunch.
Yields: 30 Dumplings
Ingredients for making Fried Leek Dumplings Recipe
- 1 large leek, sliced thinly
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons of thinly sliced ginger
- ½ cup of red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons of thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup of tofu, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 30 pcs round dumpling wrappers
Method of Preparation:
- Sauté all ingredients in medium heat until softened. Set aside to chill for an hour.
- For wrapping: Assemble the dumplings by placing a teaspoon of the filling into the center of each wrapper, then brush the edges with water, fold the wrapper then press the edges firmly to seal.
- Cook the dumplings by heating some vegetable oil in a pan then frying the dumplings for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden.