Lettuce Wrapped Crisp Pork Dumplings Recipe
Crispy, juicy and well-seasoned homemade pork dumplings made even healthier by a good wrapping of fresh lettuce leaves.
These dumplings are perfect for a light snack. Serve with some soy sauce then garnish with fresh chives and to make it restaurant quality.
Yields: 28 Dumplings
Ingredients for making Lettuce Wrapped Crisp Pork Dumplings Recipe
- 16 oz. ground pork
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- Soy sauce for dipping
- Chopped chives for garnish
Method of Preparation:
- In a bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients well. Spoon about 1 ½ teaspoon and filling and form into balls.
- Cook the dumplings by lightly coating a large frying pan with some olive oil, then pouring in ¼ cup of water.
- Then place the dumplings in the pan then cook while covered, in medium heat, for about 5 minutes per side, for a total of 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Use a slotted spoon to lift the pieces out of the pan.
- Assemble the dumplings by rolling each in a piece of lettuce. Use a toothpick to hold the rolls in place.
- Top with some chopped chives and serve with some soy sauce (optional).