Steamed Spinach Dumplings Recipe
Steamed, soft and tender pouches of refreshing vegetarian dumplings stuffed in with nutritious and healthy ingredients, fresh leafy green spinach and generous slices of mushrooms. Great for a light and wholesome lunch.
Yields: 16 dumplings
Ingredients for making Steamed Spinach Dumplings Recipe
- 3 pcs shiitake mushrooms soaked in water until soft, chopped finely
- ¾ cup baby spinach
- ¼ cup of drained water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 16 pcs of store bought gyoza wrappers
Method of Preparation:
- Place spinach in a large pot of boiling water until wilted. Drain excess water then roughly chopped.
- In a bowl, combine mushrooms, spinach, water chestnuts, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and garlic. Mix well to combine. Set aside.
- Get one piece of gyoza wrapper and lay it flat on top of a work surface. On one half of the wrapper, spoon 2 teaspoon of the filling, then brush the edges with water.
- Fold the gyoza wrapper in half, and then crimp the edges to seal together. Do the same for the remaining dumplings
- Place a bamboo steamer lined with parchment paper over a wok with simmering water. Steam dumplings for about 10-12 minutes per batch. Serve with some soy sauce for dipping.