Thai Steamed Dumplings with Shiitake-Tofu Filling Recipe
This vegetarian Asian dumpling recipe features soft dumpling wrappers stuffed with mouthwatering and flavorful, healthy shiitake mushroom and tofu filling. This one is guaranteed to wow your guests and be everyone’s favorite.
Yields: 6 Dumplings
Ingredients for making Thai Steamed Dumplings with Shiitake-Tofu Filling Recipe
- 1 pack of store bought round dumpling wrappers
- 1 ½ cup of sliced shiitake mushrooms
- ¾ cup of firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 coves of minced garlic
- 1 thinly sliced spring onions
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian stock
Method of Preparation:
- Place all of the ingredients except the wrappers in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped and almost fine.
- Assemble the dumplings by spooning a teaspoon of filling in the center of each wrapper. Brush the edges with water then then fold in half to seal.
- Arrange the parchment lined steamer over a wok of simmering water. Steam for 25 minutes.